Kale Banana Green Smoothie Recipe
If you’re not living under a rock, surely you must have heard about the healthy green vegetable – Kale. And yet, many people just give up so easily on kale. It has a slightly bitter taste, making it hard for many of us to include it in our diet. But there is a secret! If cooked, Kale loses its bitterness. And, if you want to eat it raw, you can blend it with other vegetables and fruits like banana that would soften its taste. Therefore, Kale banana green smoothie is the perfect way to eat Kale.
So our recommendation for today is a creamy Kale Banana Dates Smoothie. It’s hard to believe, but even kids love this green smoothie. This smoothie is so yummy, you can relish it as a creamy ice cream and it is 100% natural with no fats or sugar. Summer is the time when many fresh vegetables and fruits are available in the market. So, if you want to cool off in these hot summer days, try this healthy, nourishing smoothie.
This sweet green smoothie will nourish your body and mind and also give you much energy you need in summer! It is also an excellent way to teach your children to eat vegetables!
Many parents are skeptical if their children will ever eat raw vegetables. However, this recipe is tested on 80 children who were not only excited about the smoothie, but they also fought for the second portion!
The secret to a good smoothie is to blend, blend, and blend! If your vegetables have a rough texture, they are not very pleasant and palatable. Another secret is using frozen bananas or baked bananas, which gives the smoothie a creamy texture just like that of an ice cream.
Kale Banana Dates Smoothie Recipe
Kale smoothie can turn into an extraordinary drink if you have the right ingredients. Besides, Kale is among the few vegetables that can be frozen, so you can consume it anytime.
So, why you should have this Kale smoothie in your menu? Well, kale is a plant rich in antioxidants, calcium, magnesium, iron, vitamin K, folic acid, fiber, and beta carotene. And it also contains few calories. So, it is great, if you use it for drinks such as smoothies or green juices. But, you may not like its taste, so you need a good Kale smoothie recipe that is healthy and delicious too.
This Green Smoothie recipe can really turn kale into a rock star. And, for that our simple formula is
Kale + Bananas + Dates = Healthy Delicacy
How wonderful it would be if kale can turn into a rock star in your kitchen. Combined with bananas and sweet dates, pistachios, cashew nuts and vanilla, Kale completely changes its taste. And so you can make a delicious, creamy Kale smoothie that just tastes like an ice cream. So, do not hesitate to try it if you’re getting bored with your usual green smoothies.
Kale Banana Dates Smoothie
- 2 Large leaves of Kale
- 2 Bananas Baked
- 1/2 cup Seedless Dates
- 125 ml Almond Milk
- 75 gm Unsalted Pistachios + Cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Fresh Ginger Optional
- 2-3 Ice Cubes
Put all the ingredients in the blender in the order indicated and blend them for 1-2 minutes until you get a creamy and fine texture. You can adjust the sweetness by adding more dates if necessary.
You can enjoy this green smoothie when you feel like eating an ice cream! It is a much healthier option. It does not contain sugar and artificial flavors! You and your kids are surely going to love this Kale banana dates smoothie.
Health benefits of Kale Cabbage
If you are not aware of the health benefits of Kale, you can have a quick look at them here.
Although Kale is related to cabbage and belongs to the cruciferous family, kale cabbage is more of a salad and less a cabbage, which is why it is consumed more often in salads and less in other foods. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, kale is the perfect food for nourising the body as well as for detoxification of body.
Unlike normal cabbage, Kale cabbage has leaves with a slightly different texture. The taste is a bit astringent, and the color varies from dark green to reddish, depending on the variety.
So, what are the most important health benefits of eating kale cabbage?
- Kale is rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, copper and sodium.
- It has an important anti-inflammatory effect due to the high content of Vitamin K and Omega-3.
- It is the plant with the highest content of vitamin K, for 100 grams of kale we have 585% of our daily requirements of Vitamin K. Vitamin K is essential for the health of the mucous membranes, skin, vision, and especially for fighting against cancer and diabetes. It is a real anti-cancer food, due to its high antioxidant content, over 40 flavonoids.
- Kale contains many fibers, accelerates intestinal movement and helps to detoxify the body.
- It has more vitamin C than oranges, an essential vitamin for maintaining a strong immune system.
- From a cup of kale leaves, we get 200% of the daily requirement of vitamin A.
- Kale is a perfect food for weight loss, a it contains few calories and energizes the body. Consume it as often in salads and smoothies and you will have exceptional health.
- Kale decreases cholesterol and improves blood circulation.
- It is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that protect vision, fight macular degeneration and maintain eye health.
You can learn more about the health benefits of Kale on Healthline website. Now that you know the health benefits of Kale, don’t forget to consume them by trying our Kale Banana green smoothie recipes such as Kale Banana Apple Smoothie.